We will not accept early prescription requests. Any early requests will not be processed. Please request your medications as you would under normal circumstances. Thank you.
Repeat prescriptions may be requested:
- By post, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope if the prescription is to be returned.
- Personally at the reception desk. (Temporarily suspended)
- By putting your request in the box inside the surgery or outside the health centre after the surgery is closed.
- By your nominated chemist using the electronic prescription service. If you instruct your chosen pharmacist, they will automatically order your next repeat prescription without you having to remind them. Check with your chemist and ensure that they are operating this system.
- By ordering online (see below). If you are not registered for this service please print off the Application Form for patient access, complete it and bring it into reception with photo ID.(In light of Covid-19, please print and post forms to the practice for this service). Reception will give you a unique pin number to access 'Online Patient Access Services' you only need to do this the once.
- By email to HSCCG.Newtons.email@example.com.
Please note that the practice is now using the Patient Access Service which allows you to request your repeat medication as displayed on the Doctors Computer. If your medication does not appear, it may be because your medication last time was 'ACUTE' which means it could have been a one off prescription for the condition you had/have, and the doctor needs to be informed before it is converted to a repeat medication. Use the pop down to add in a note requesting the 'ACUTE' medication.
In order to avoid mistakes and ensure your safety, we do not accept requests for repeat medication over the telephone. In exceptional circumstances it may be possible to waive this but this must be negotiated with your GP or the Practice Manager.
Please remember that there are certain medications that cannot be prescribed without first seeing the doctor.
PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS (2 WORKING DAYS) FOR YOUR PRESCRIPTION TO BE PREPARED